"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Give and Take: Writing 101, Day 7

Today’s Prompt: Write a post based on the contrast between two things — whether people, objects, emotions, places, or something else.
Today’s twist: write your post in the form of a dialogue.

I sit on the couch watching a car snake across my television screen.  As I am drawn in by the movie, my finger is drawn into my mouth.  My teeth tear at skin, flesh, and nail alike.

Inner Voice:  What are you doing?  Why is your finger in your mouth?  I thought you wanted to grow your nails.

Me:  I'm just cleaning up a hangnail.  I'm just evening out a ragged nail, removing some dead skin.  My nails are still growing.  I am not letting myself down.

Inner Voice:  Take your finger out of your mouth!

Me:  But I'm not doing anything really.

Inner Voice:  Take your finger out of your mouth!

Me:  Ok

I remove the finger from my mouth and begin to pick at my thumb with the nail of my middle finger.

Reflection on Day 7:  This is a real, daily battle for me :(  Disgusting, I know.  I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment