"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison

Thursday, April 18, 2013

O is for Oscar Wilde


Oscar Wilde is one of my favorite Irish authors.
Picture from Wikipedia.org

I remember reading The Portrait of Dorian Gray for the first time.  I was instantly interested.  Then I saw pictures, and I think I fell in love :)  

And he said some great things:

"It is better to be beautiful than to be good. But... it is better to be good than to be ugly."

"When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is."

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go."
"Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much."

No comments:

Post a Comment