"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison

Sunday, January 10, 2016

ROW80 Check-in (Round 1, Week 1 2016)

Time for a ROW80 check-in.  I am trucking along, working hard on my goals for the year.  

Here's my progress so far:  I have read one book and started a second.  There were five days this week that I didn't write or edit any fiction.  I was feeling really down; I was not meeting my goal.... but when I thought about it, I had written something almost every day, just not fiction.  So  I have modified my writing goal to include blog posts and journaling, basically all the different types of writing that I do in my spare time.  With the modification, I have only missed two days of writing so far this month.  That's not bad....  I am tracking the days that I do not write in an effort to better understand my habits.  Maybe there is a pattern that I am not seeing.

My goals and progress:
1.  Read 32 books (2-3 per month): 1/32
2.  Read books I have pinned on Pinterest
3.  Complete some book series that I have started
4.  Write or edit every day(including blog posts, journaling, fiction, etc.)
No writing days: Friday(1/8), Saturday(1/9)
5.  Complete first draft of DOVH and Mordred
6.  Edit first draft of ZF
7.  Complete at least one writing challenge
8.  Continue with my blogging schedule:  1 week/52 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment