"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

New Year's Goals 2016

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic is Top Ten Resolutions for 2016
A new year deserves some new goals, although I only have 8 reading and writing related goals.  These will also be my ROW80 goals.  So here we go....

Reading Goals

1.  Read 32 books (2-3 per month)
Last year my goal was 30 and I managed to read 35, so I am upping the goal a little this year.  32 books should be manageable.

2.  Read books I have pinned on Pinterest
I have a board on Pinterest chock-full of books I want to read, my TBR list if you will.  Last year I only read 3 books from that board.  Why am I collecting a list of books if I am not trying to read them?  It's just plain silly.  So this year, I will read some books that I have pinned and, of course, I will continue pinning books.

3.  Complete some book series that I have started
I would like to finish reading Melissa de la Cruz's Blue Bloods and Witches of East End series, Michael Scott's Nicholas Flamel series, Deborah Harkness' Book of Life series.  I feel like there are more that I am forgetting right now.  I want to continue with Dean Koontz's Odd Thomas series, but I don't think I will finish this year.


Writing Goals

1.  Write or edit every day
I will not set a word count goal this year although I might keep track of my yearly word count, just for fun.  I think it will be easier to meet my goal if there is no word count/time goal attached.

2.  Complete first draft of DOVH and Mordred
Not much left to write in DOVH, a lot left in Mordred.  I want to keep plodding along and making progress.

3.  Edit first draft of ZF
I have never edited anything as big as ZF before, so this will involve reading and learning, both of which I love.  Win Win.

4.  Complete at least one writing challenge
I don't think I will attempt NaNo this year.  It never works out very well for me, by which I mean I usually write a few thousand words and then second guess where the plot is going and think a lot about writing the next part and then realize I am too far behind to ever catch up and then give up completely.  I would still like to try some kind of writing challenge, so if you have any suggestions, let me know.

5.  Continue with my blogging schedule
I have been following my schedule for a few weeks and want to continue with it.  It is working for me.  I will post Teaser or Top 10 Tuesday, What I am Reading Wednesday, a weekend Stuck in My Head post, and occasional book reviews.  I hope to also add some personal essays this year... maybe.


What are your reading and writing goals this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment