"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison

Friday, November 23, 2012

WOTW: Gratitude

Gratitude: noun, the quality of being thankful.

This is a word that we think about a lot at this time of year in the United States. The Thanksgiving holiday gives us a reason to focus on gratitude.

This year I am thankful for new traditions. My husband and I went for a hike at Silver Falls State Park on Thanksgiving morning. It was amazing. I have visited this park many times and I always have a feeling of awe when I go there. We enjoyed it so much that we have decided a Thanksgiving hike will be part of new tradition. We also changed our Thanksgiving dinner tradition this year. We are both vegetarians and usually we try to modify the traditional turkey dinner to fit our diets. This year we had lasagna, garlic bread, vegan Caesar salad, and sweet potato pie. It was the best Thanksgiving dinner I have had in a long time.

I am also thankful for my supportive husband, elderly cat, beautiful old house and a fun job that allows me to live the life I enjoy.

What are you thankful for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment