"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison

Thursday, November 8, 2012

WOTW: Branding

Branding :  in my worl, branding is promoting your product, building a theme that connects all your work.

This week, I read this awesome post on The Writer's Dojo blog.  It really made me think about my branding.  I have one profile for both of my creative blogs: crafting and writing.  I am now seriously thinking about clearing my Blogger profile and adding a bio to the right bar of each blog that is individualized to that topic.  This way I can brand myself differently on each blog

While researching more, I found these great definitions:

"To understand branding, it is important to know what brands are. A brand is the idea or image of a specific product or service that consumers connect with, by identifying the name, logo, slogan, or design of the company who owns the idea or image. Branding is when that idea or image is marketed so that it is recognizable by more and more people, and identified with a certain service or product when there are many other companies offering the same service or product."
(http://www.brickmarketing.com/define-branding.htm)

"Here's my definition: A brand is the set of expectations, memories, stories and relationships that, taken together, account for a consumer’s decision to choose one product or service over another. If the consumer (whether it’s a business, a buyer, a voter or a donor) doesn’t pay a premium, make a selection or spread the word, then no brand value exists for that consumer."  - Seth Godin
(http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2009/12/define-brand.html)

Do you think about your branding?  What have you done to create your brand?

No comments:

Post a Comment