"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

WOTW: Fastidious

Fastidious: adjective, very attentive to detail

This week, as I was working on my current NaNo novel, this word popped into my head. It really wanted to be a part of my story. It called to me, "Hey, why don't you use me in your description of that new character? I know that I am the perfect word to describe him. I mean exactly what you want to say."

The only problem was that I could not pull the definition of 'fastidious' from my brain, so I turned to the Internet. Guess what? Fastidious was exactly the word I was looking for to describe the new character. Maybe it's a sign that I should trust my instincts more. It's definitely a sign that I should listen to the little voices in my head.

Has a word ever demanded to be used in your writing?

No comments:

Post a Comment