"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Erin's Book Challenge 6.0

At the beginning of the new year, I will be participating in Erin's Book Challenge again.  There are new categories, and it is always so much fun to see what books everyone chooses.  The challenge runs from January 1, 2017 to April 30, 2017.

• 5 points: Freebie – Read a book that is at least 200 pages.
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs



This one has been on my TBR list for a  while now.  It would be great to read it before seeing the movie.  Usually I end up doing it the other way around.



• 10 points: Read a book that starts with the letter “W”

Another one that has been on my TBR list.  I noticed someone else had chosen it for the challenge and immediately knew it would be my choice for this category.


• 10 points: Read a book with six words in the title.
The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black

I love reinvented and updated fairy tales.  I am looking forward to reading this one.




• 15 points: Read a book that has a (mostly) green cover.
Matched by Ally Condie

This one is new to me but it sounds very interesting.  This is one of the reasons I love this challenge.  It introduces me to new books and authors.



• 20 points: Read a book with a homonym in the title
You by Caroline Kepnes

This one sounds scary.  I love scary books!





• 20 points: (Submitted by Linda) Read a book by your favorite author. 

I love Barbary Kingslover!  I am super excited to read another of her books.  How have I not read this one yet?


• 25 points: (Submitted by Christina) Read a book set in the city/town/state/territory/county/province where you live.

Another new to me book and author.  I think this category is the most interesting.  It will be fun to read a book set in Oregon.



• 30 points: (Submitted by Peggy) Read a “Rory Gilmore” book. 

I love Stephen King!  Another of my favorite authors.  




• 30 points: (Submitted by Stef Read a book from a genre that you’ve never read (or rarely read.)
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini

I tried to read this book once before and did not get very far.  It is time to try again :)



• 35 points: (Submitted by Ferne) Read a book with time travel.
11/22/63 by Stephen King


This one has been on my TBR list for a while also.  Looking forward to finally reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment