"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison

Monday, September 12, 2016

Weekly Wrap-Up (September 12, 2016)

A new round of ROW80 has begun.
Progress on my goals is at the end of this post.
Blog Posts




Personal Stuff
I am surrounded by injured people recently.  My cat injured her tail and won't stop chewing on it and reopening the wound, so she has a cone collar on.  She hates it. 
A photo posted by Lisa (@lalocadesigns) on
My husband started out with a sprained ankle and has now been diagnosed with Plantar Faciitis, so he has new shoes and stretches and splints and things.  I feel like the healthiest one in the house :)

What I read
I have been reading The Shadow of the Wind.  I tried reading it in Spanish a while ago but I couldn't make it through.  Now I know why.  The author uses very complex vocabulary that would have been difficult to wade through in a different language.  I am enjoying it more now that I am reading the book in English. 

Interesting Stuff I Found on the Internet
I have not been on the internet much.

ROW80 Goals
Round 3 of ROW80 has begun.  This round runs from July 4th to September 22nd.  I started a little late, so my number of weeks and days is a little different.  Here is my progress so far:


1.  Read 9 books (4/9)
I am currently reading The Shadow of the Wind.  Other books I have read this round are:
Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness
Armada by Ernest Cline
Wild by Cheryl Strayed
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

2.  Continue with my blogging schedule (7/10 weeks)
You can check out my weekly posts through the links at the beginning of this post.

3.  Edit 5 chapters of ZF (0/5)
I would really like to complete this goal this round but I have not begun yet.

4.  Write daily (22/66 days)
Monday:  :(
Tuesday:  Morning Pages and NaBloPoMo prompt
Wednesday:  :(
Thursday: :(
Friday:  :(
Saturday: :(
Sunday:  Morning Pages and NaBloPoMo prompt

5.  Continue my Creative Every Day challenge
I've been working on writing a baby blanket this week.

6.  Swim at least twice a week. (4/10 weeks)

The pool is closed for maintenance.


How did your week go?
Do you have a blog post or interesting link you'd like to share with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment