"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Authors who are my Go-To Beach Reads


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

When I am relaxing on the beach or by the pool, I like books that are easy to read and hard to put down.  That usually means horror, thrillers, and mysteries.  Here are some authors that fit the bill for me.

Stephen King
I love Stephen King's books.  The language is easy to read, and the story and characters pull me in.  Perfect for reading on the beach.

Joe Hill
Stephen King's son, Joe Hill, is another author I will read on the beach.  The apple did not fall far from the tree.  And he has a new book out, The Fireman

James Patterson
Another easy to read, hard to put down author.

Melissa de la Cruz
The Blue Bloods series is definitely on my list of summer reading.

Dean Koontz
The Odd Thomas series has caught me.  Another one on my summer reading list.

Michael Scott
His Immortal Nicholas Flamel series is on my reading list.  

What type of book do you like to read at the beach?

No comments:

Post a Comment