"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison

Monday, March 21, 2016

A to Z Challenge Theme Reveal: Easter Rising of 1916


Today I am participating in the AtoZ Challenge Theme Reveal Blogfest.  
Check out the link to see the other blogs that are participating.


This year is the 100 year anniversary of the Easter Rising of 1916 in Ireland.  I am Irish but have never taken the time to learn about this part of my history.  I left Ireland before the topic came up in my school history lessons.  So I am taking this opportunity to learn more about my history by blogging my way through an A to Z of the Easter Rising.  I am really looking forward to this challenge!


Are you participating in the A to Z Challenge?

7 comments:

  1. Oh, what an interesting theme! I'm Irish-American, but sadly know very little about Irish history. Looking forward to learning more from your A to Z posts. Cheers - Ellen | thecynicalsailor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what an interesting theme! I am Irish-American and will look forward to reading your posts! ~Lori~

    Sounds like fun! I look forward to your posts ~Lori~

    Lori @ As the Fates Would Have It
    Lori @ Promptly Written

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I've never heard of this before.
    All the best!

    Anna
    ATSP @ Deeply Shallow
    @natzers

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an unusual theme! And what an interesting time in history. I look forward to learning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! I'm not Irish (I'm Italian) but I'm very much into Ireland (I've lived there for a while) and I'm a history buff, so I suppose I have to follow you, right? ;-)

    @JazzFeathers
    The Old Shelter - Jazz Age Jazz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! I'm not Irish (I'm Italian) but I'm very much into Ireland (I've lived there for a while) and I'm a history buff, so I suppose I have to follow you, right? ;-)

    @JazzFeathers
    The Old Shelter - Jazz Age Jazz

    ReplyDelete
  7. J here, stopping by from the #atozchallenge - where I am part of Arlee Bird's A to Z Ambassador Team.
    Excellent choice for an A to Z challenge theme. Good job. My theme is the craft of fiction writing. Tips, lessons, and prompts from various writing reference books. I follow it up with a sample of my work.
    Your theme is something I know nothing at all about, so I'm really looking forward to your posts!
    April should be exciting. I'm looking forward to the event. Best of luck to us both on meeting our goals of posting and hopping to other blogs.
    My blog has a giveaway. There's a bonus a to z challenge each day to encourage people to visit more stops.
    http://jlennidornerblog.what-are-they.com
    I've followed your GFC.

    ReplyDelete