"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Top Ten Books I will Probably Never Read

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.  Check out future topics here.

I had a hard time with this list.  I love to read many different genres and will usually give any book a try.  That being said, I was able to come up with 6 books that I will probably never read.

1.  Son of a Witch by Gregory Maguire
I barely made it through Wicked, so I doubt that I will go back for more.

2.  Anything by Nicholas Sparks
I foolishly let my husband convince me to watch The Notebook, even though I knew I would hate the movie.  His writing is just not my thing.

3.  The Long Night of White Chickens by Francisco Goldman
I tried to read it, I really did, but I could not make it through the whole book.  I am pretty sure that I will not try again.

4.  50 Shades of Grey
I have zero interest in reading this book.  I don't really understand why it is so popular, especially since I have heard that the writing is bad.

5.  Moby Dick by Herman Melville
I chose this book for a book report in high school and couldn't even make it past the first chapter.  I passed the assignment by choosing to do a dramatic reading of a scene from the book as my book report.  I chose the very first scene.

6.  What to Expect when You're Expecting
I don't ever plan to have children, so I am pretty sure I will never read this book.

If you think I am missing out on something by not reading/re-trying to read any of these books, let me know.  I might be convinced to give them a whirl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment