"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Writing Update 5/10/15


Time for Round 2
This round, my goal is to start a daily writing practice.  I am starting by completing Blogging University's Writing 101 through The Daily Post.  I will be posting on my blog daily using the prompt and twist provided.  I will also be continuing to work on my reading goal of 30 books this year.

So far this round of ROW 80 has been going well.  I have been writing a lot, although not every day.  I start my week out strong but once Friday comes around, I find that I have a much harder time carving out writing time.  I am currently reading Stephen King's On Writing.  He has inspired me to try writing in a new place.  Usually I write on my couch in the evenings, dealing with multiple distractions.  Starting tomorrow I am going to try writing in the morning before work, distraction-free, at a table.

Writing 101 is more intense than I was first expecting.  Some of the prompts are very challenging for me.  The last post I completed involved writing the same scene from three different points of view.  It took me three days, one for each point of view.  I wanted to have a challenge, so I am glad that the prompts are providing that challenge.  It is helping my writing and my writing practice.

I have been blogging regularly.  I have been reading.  I've even been watching what I eat and getting some exercise.  I am improving constantly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment