"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

TeaTime Chat (May 17, 2017)

If we were having tea, I would tell you that I am really enjoying the spring.  The weather has not been perfect here in Oregon, in fact we have had a lot of rain, but when the sun is out, it is perfect.  My husband and I have been working in our garden as much as possible.  We have weeded and planted veggies and flowers.  My favorite right now is this beautiful columbine.  I swear that every day it is a little different and a little more beautiful.

A post shared by Lisa (@lalocadesigns) on

If we were having tea, I would let you know that my favorite tea is Barry's.  I grew up with it and I have now become kind of a snob.  I have a hard time drinking any other kind of tea.  I have to special order my tea on Amazon, can't find it in any of the stores.

If we were having tea, I would tell you that work is going well, but that springtime is the worst time to be a teacher.  The summer vacation is in sight, and no one wants to be working in a stuffy classroom.  Four weeks seem like an eternity and too little time all at once.

If we were having tea, I would tell you about Wednesday Friendsday.  My friend and I recently started spending time together every Wednesday afternoon.  It has been so much fun.  Last Wednesday we went for a walk, and the week before we went out for pretzels and root beer.  It is something I look forward to every week.

If we were having tea, I would tell you that I really miss my cat.  She died on January 9th, and I think about her every day.  She used to consume so much of my life.  Now I have extra time to relax in the evenings and I have the freedom to leave the house more, but I miss that fuzzy little thing.  I will definitely have a cat again soon.

If we were having tea, I would tell you about the book I am reading.  It is about journaling and creating an illuminated journal.  It is a beautiful and inspiring book.  I hope that one day my journal will be that beautiful too.

What's going on in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment