"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Erin's Book Challenge 6.0 Has Ended

Once again, another round of Erin's Book Challenge has come to an end.  April 30th was the last day, and I did not complete my 10 books  :(

• 5 points: Freebie – Read a book that is at least 200 pages.
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs




This book was so much better than the movie!  I enjoyed the vintage photos throughout the book, and the story was compelling.  I look forward to reading the next book in the series.



• 10 points: Read a book that starts with the letter “W”

OMG!  The feels!  This book made me cry more than I have ever cried when reading a book.  I loved the story.  I had medical problems as a child that have followed me into adulthood.  Maybe I saw a little of my childhood in this book.



• 10 points: Read a book with six words in the title.
The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black

I didn't get to read this one but I still want to read it.  Soon, hopefully.







• 15 points: Read a book that has a (mostly) green cover.
Matched by Ally Condie

I liked this book.  I will definitely read the next book in the series.  The innocent teenager voice threw me for a loop at first, but I quickly got caught up in the storyline.




• 20 points: Read a book with a homonym in the title
Changed to:  The Breaking Light by Heather Hansen

I couldn't find You at the library, so I switched to a book I already had on my Kindle.  I really enjoyed the book!  And what a cliffhanger ending!  Now I have to read the next book in the series.



• 20 points: (Submitted by Linda) Read a book by your favorite author. 

I love Barbary Kingslover!  And what a nice surprise to discover that the book featured two of my favorite artists, Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera.  I loved everything about this book!  The language, the characters, the re-imagining of history.... and, of course, it's Barbara Kingsolver!  What more need I say?




• 25 points: (Submitted by Christina) Read a book set in the city/town/state/territory/county/province where you live.

I liked this book.  It was a good mystery, and I liked reading about Native American traditions and life.  The characters felt real.  At first I thought it was going to be a Christine type book, but turned out to be a very human problem.




• 30 points: (Submitted by Peggy) Read a “Rory Gilmore” book. 

I love Stephen King!  Another great book by a great author.  I loved everything about it.  



• 30 points: (Submitted by Stef Read a book from a genre that you’ve never read (or rarely read.)
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini

I liked this book.  Good storytelling.  I like how all the different stories connected and showed how one decision can affect so many lives.



• 35 points: (Submitted by Ferne) Read a book with time travel.
11/22/63 by Stephen King


I finished this one, but not in time for the challenge.  I started it before the challenge ended but did not finish until May.  It is a huge book!  And the ending.  OMG!  The ending was so sad, and so beautiful.  Loved it!


I almost completed the challenge this time.  I was only a little over one book away from reading all ten books on my list.  I am excited to try again when the next book challenge rolls around.  

No comments:

Post a Comment