"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Books of Beginning Trilogy

Books of Beginning trilogy by John Stephens:

I have read the first two books in this series, The Emerald Atlas and The Fire Chronicle.  Here is what I like:

The Cover:
Yes, I know that you are not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but the spine of the first book was the whole reason I decided to borrow it from the library.  By the way, I judge books by their covers all the time, and it usually works out.
A post shared by Lisa (@lalocadesigns) on
Time Travel:
I love time travel and the paradoxes and problems that it creates.  Sometimes I get a little too caught up in it, trying to figure out how everything fits together.  These books were no exception.  

A post shared by Lisa (@lalocadesigns) on
The Characters:
The siblings are so well-written.  I especially like the middle child, the only brother, Michael.  I love his obsession with dwarves and how he thinks that elves are overrated.  It is such a fun detail.  The characters in these books have full personalities that grab your attention and make you care.

Have you read these books?
What did you think?
Personally, I can't wait to read the third book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment