"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison

Monday, February 9, 2015

Writing Update (2/9/15)

 
2015 Goal: 250 words per day/1750 words per week, both new handwritten and old typed
Weekly Progress: 454 words

Every Wednesday of ROW80 I will write an update of my reading goals and each Sunday will be an update of my writing goals.  I am also tweeting daily updates of my writing goals.   This post is one day late :(

Ok, so yesterday I read an article about fighting writer's block.  It seems like a reasonable strategy. . In fact I have tried similar strategies before, so I started with a prompt from the Writer's Digest.  It was going great.  Ideas were flowing.  Then it was gone.  After 454 words, I had nothing more to write, even though there was still a lot of story to tell.  I left my friend hiding in her closet from a home invader.  

So I did not meet my goal this week.  That makes three weeks in a row that I have not met my goal.  At least this week I wrote.  Next week will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment