"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Writing Update 2/3/15

 
2015 Goal: 250 words per day/1750 words per week, both new handwritten and old typed
Weekly Progress:  0 words

Every Wednesday of ROW80 I will write an update of my reading goals and each Sunday will be an update of my writing goals.  I am also tweeting daily updates of my writing goals.   This post is late and I have not been tweeting anything :(

Ok, I have been slacking on avoiding my writing update posts.  Why?  Well, basically, there has been no writing going on.  None at all.  For this reason and others, I have decided to adjust my goal. 

When I write, I always write by hand first and type later, so I have decided to adjust my goal to include the handwritten words and the typing of those words.  That may seem like cheating, since I am technically writing the same words twice, but when I type, I also do a little editing.  It has taken me some time to accept this as part of my goal, but I think I am finally ready to cut myself some slack.

I also find that there are some days when I like to write and some when I don't want to write at all, so a daily goal does not make much sense for me.  On the days I want to write, I can easily write 1,000 words in one sitting.  If I don't want to write, I have a hard time even getting out a sentence.  This realization has me changing my goal from 250 words daily to 1750 words weekly.  Now I will no longer feel guilty if I am not in the mood to write.

I am going to try my hand at A Month of Letters again.  Maybe that will help me get started.  My first letter was a birthday letter to my hubby, number two is a birthday letter to my mom, and the third is a birthday card to my BIL.  Next I want to write a letter to my granddad and my godmother.  I hope I can follow through with the whole month this time around.

I think that this new goal is going to work so much better for me, and I am excited to get back to getting back to writing :)  Have you had to adjust your goals yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment