"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Writing Update 1-11-15

2015 Goal: 250 words per day/1750 words per week
Weekly Progress:  679 new words written/1425 old words typed

Every Wednesday of ROW80 I will write an update of my reading goals and each Sunday will be an update of my writing goals.  I am also tweeting daily updates of my writing goals. 

Well, this was my first week getting back to my writing.  I started out strong with two days in a row of writing using the book 1,000 Awesome Writing Prompts by Ryan Andrew Kinder.

1-5-15 I wrote 271 words using this prompt:







1/6/15 I wrote 408 words using this prompt:
and the best part is that the character I met while writing this prompt has me very inspired.  I want to write her whole story, but I already have two manuscripts that I need to complete.  Her story will have to wait.

Speaking of which, now that I am back to my writing, I have started to reacquaint myself with those incomplete manuscripts so I can complete them.  The first step is to finish typing up all the handwritten words I have from earlier last year.  On 1/9/15 I typed up 1425 of those handwritten words.  

I am not really sure if I met my goal of not this week.  The majority of my writing was not new words, but it is necessary for me to reacquaint myself with my manuscript if I really intend to complete it.  Also I did not write every day.

Here are my update tweets for the week:
Did you meet your writing goals this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment