"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison

Monday, January 5, 2015

New Year's Resolutions 2015

I am joining the first round of ROW 80 for the year.  If you don't know what ROW 80 is, you can find more information here.  ROW 80 is an 80 day writing challenge where you decide how many words you will write.  You make the goals and track your progress weekly.

Here are my reading and writing goals for 2015:
   1.  Write 250 words each day(1750 total words per week)
I am already off to a great start on this goal.  
 1/2/15: 274 words


 1/3/15:  334 words

I figure if I can write a little more than 250 words each day, then I will give myself a day off on Sunday as a reward.
   2. Complete the first draft of my novels (ZF and DOVH) and begin the next.
   3.  Read at least 30 books.
I am also off to a great start on this.  I am currently reading my second book of the year and have already blogged about the first.
   4.  Post on this blog at least twice a week.

2 comments:

  1. I like that you posted pics of your handwritten prompts! I might borrow that idea for my own updates. The only "Resolution" I set for this year is more of a one-word theme: COMPLETION. I’m attempting 500 words per day, with hopes of completing my WIP by June 30, 2015. I’m participating in a reading challenge, as well, but nothing extremely structured. I made a list of 50 books I want to read this year, and if I hit ‘em all, that’s awesome, but if I fall short, that’s okay.Good luck! We can do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with all your goals! I look forward to hearing about your progress.

      Delete