"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison

Monday, January 28, 2013

ROW 80 Check-in #1


 I have decided to join ROW 80.          
ETA:  I will use these same goals for NiNoWriMo

My goals:
1.  Write 250 words a day.
2.  Blog frequently (these posts will count towards my daily word count)
3.  Complete 2012's NaNo (ZF), then complete my earlier attempt (DoVH)

My progress for week #1:
Tuesday:  WOTW blog post (apx. 100 words)
                 Wrote 253 words in ZF
Wednesday:  Wrote 233 words in ZF
Monday:  Wrote 394 words in ZF

Reflection:
I did not make my goal of 250 words each day this week, and I have an excuse.  I was planning a surprise party.  I never said it was a good excuse or that it actually excused my lack of discipline.  I just said I had an excuse :)  Anyway I plan to do better this week.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by writercize! Look forward to getting to know you better over the A to Z Challenge! Hope the surprise party was (or will be) a blast. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a blast, definitely worth missing my writing goal.

      Delete
  2. ROW80 is the challenge that knows you have a life. You still did all right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to ROW. They are still impressive word counts and surprise parties are a good excuse. :)
    Hope you have a good week. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to ROW! You've got measurable goals, you measured them and life got in the way. It happens. And I think a surprise party is an awesome excuse. Good luck the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The rest of this week is looking good for word counts.

      Delete