This first Wednesday of the new year has me thinking about my goals. I wanted to complete my current novel by the end of winter break. Now I have only four days left of my break and I have yet to even glance at the manuscript. When my regular schedule is gone, I have a very difficult time focusing on things like my writing. Maybe I can take the rest of today and lock myself in a room and make myself write. I am very easily distracted but work well with deadlines usually. I think that's why I like NaNoWriMo. I may not make the daily goal every day, but just having the goal and the accountability keeps me working and focused. Maybe I need a self-imposed daily word limit. Now if only I had someone to hold me accountable to that goal. Hmmmm.
Anyway, here are my resolutions for 2013. I achieved 50% of last year's resolutions. Hopefully I can do better this year.
Resolutions for 2013
1. Read more of the classics.
2. Start my Etsy shop and do some craft fairs
3. Work on branding my blogs
4. Complete first draft of my novels (no NaNo this year)
5. Diet and exercise
6. Try more new things, especially designing.
7. Participate in WIP Wednesday, FO Friday and Ravelry challenges
Do you have any goals for this year?