"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison

Monday, November 13, 2017

NaNoWriMo 2017 Update #1: It's not going well


Oh, NaNoWriMo, how I love you, and how I hate you.

Why do I do this to myself?  Why do I come back year after year and attempt to write 50,000 words in a mere 30 days?

It's the definition of insanity, right?  Trying the same exact thing over and over again, expecting different results?

I really thought that this year would be different.  I am not working, so I have all the time I could possibly want.  In the past, time has been one of my big excuses for not doing well in NaNoWriMo.  

"November is a really busy month for teachers."

"Thanksgiving really throws me off my game."

"I just don't have the time to write 1,667 words every evening after working all day."

Well, now I don't have that excuse.  I have been home every day of November, so far.  I have been sitting in my living room, less than 10 feet from where my computer lives.  I have multiple notebooks and pens sitting on a table next to me.  I have no excuse!


I even made a fantastic and beautiful NaNoWriMo tracker in my bullet journal.
Inspired by Boho Berry.  She's amazing!
You can see from the photo: It's not going well.
Maybe NaNoWriMo is not for me.

As you can see, I have written a total of two days so far this month.  Yes, you read that correctly, two days!  That's a total of 1,681 words.  Almost halfway through the month, and I have only 1,681 words written.

Maybe I will start a writing spurt mid-month and reach my goal by the end of the month.  Writing spurts are a thing, right?  I sure hope so because I need a NaNo miracle!

What about you?  How is NaNoWriMo going for you?
Do you believe in NaNo miracles?

No comments:

Post a Comment