"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

My Favorite Movies

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

This week, the topic is movie-related, so I decided to share my top ten favorite movies.  Every movie on this list is one that I own or have seen multiple times.  Enjoy!


The Princess Bride
I love this movie!!  Sword fights, giants, pirates, the pit of dispair, it is full of awesome!  I can watch this movie over and over and never get tired of it.  I even read the book.  And this movie made me fall in love with Carey Elwes.  Anybody want a peanut?

The Craft
Wow!  Another favorite.  Fairuza Balk is awesome in this movie.  A story of young girls dabbling with powers they don't understand.  What is not to love?

Practical Magic
Now the girls are grown up and they understand the powers they are dabbling with; the story just got better.  Such a great movie.  I especially love the ending, where a group of women come together to help each other, despite their beliefs.  Amazing.

Star Wars Trilogy
The original Star Wars movies are a part of my childhood that I will never forget.  I watch these movies every chance I get.

Grandma's Boy
This movie make me laugh so much.  "I can hear my hair growing."  "Did I imagine a party?"  LOL.

Beyond the Universe
Oh man, I love a movie that I can sing along to, and when all the songs are Beatles songs, well, that is extra magical.  Love this movie.

Moulin Rouge
Another one that I can sing along to.  Sad, but a great story.

The Guardians of the Galaxy
When I saw previews for this movie, I had my doubts.  I mean, a talking racoon, a talking tree?  This was going to be silly.  But when I saw the movie, I loved it.  Now I can't wait for the sequel.

Stargate
I loved this movie and I loved all the tv spin-offs.  Daniel Jackson and Tealc are my favorites.  Indeed.

Mean Girls
On Wednesdays, we wear pink.  I don't know what I love about this movie, but I do love it.

Have you seen any of these movies?
Have any recommendations? 

No comments:

Post a Comment