"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison

Thursday, November 14, 2013

A Belated What I'm Reading Wednesday: Joe Hill

Recently I have been reading Joe Hill.  First I read Horns which has been made into a movie.



Horns is a strange story about a man who wakes up with a pair of horns growing from his forehead.

I really liked how Hill approached the flashback scenes about an important event from the past. He retold the same story from multiple characters' viewpoints, each time revealing new details.  It was a really interesting technique.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the movie.




Image source:  wikipedia.org







Next I read Heart-Shaped Box, the story of a man who buys a ghost.

Wow, this book could be a movie!  Hill wrote the scenes with such vivid description that I felt like I was watching a movie as I read.  The story captured me immediately and held my attention all the way to the end.

Captivating!




Image Source:  joehillfiction.com


Now I am reading NOS4A2.  I just started reading this morning and I don't want to put the book down.  It is already a captivating story.  I am really looking forward to seeing where this book will take me.

What are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment