"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

What I'm Reading Wednesday: El amor en los tiempos del cólera

Well, I finally finished reading Emma by Jane Austen.  I had a difficult time getting used to the language at first.  It has been a long time since I have read any Austen.  The character of Emma really bothered me.  She is such a snot and a snob.  I almost didn't want her to have a happy ending.  I wanted her to end up sad and alone at the end of the book.
Now I am reading El amor en los tiempos del cólera by Gabriel García Márquez.  I love Latin American literature, especially Márquez and Isabel Allende, and I love reading their books in the original Spanish.  I am already so in love with the main characters!

No comments:

Post a Comment