"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

2017 What I'm Reading Wednesday #15 - Yearly Wrap-up

Well, the end of the year if upon us, and I have met my reading goal of 32 books!!  

Yippee!

I am very excited that I reached my goal, so excited in fact that I am increasing my goal to 50 books this year.  I will be using the Book Challenge by Erin and the Popsugar Reading Challenge prompts as inspiration and trying to read as many books as possible from my personal bookshelves.  I am always looking for new books to read, so please comment below with recommendations.  I am interested to see what this new year brings.

Here are all the books I read in 2017.
2017 Goal: 32 books
Books Read = 32/32
Books from TBR list: 6
Series completed: 0
*Erin's Book Challenge #6:  8/10  0/Bonus Round (Final Score)
**Erin's Book Challenge #7: 5/10  0/Bonus Round (Final Score)
BC = Book Club book

January
1.  Midair by Kodi Scheer
*2.  And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini (TBR)


February
*1.  Christine by Stephen King
2.  The Emerald Atlas by John Stephens (yup, I started a new series)


March
1.  The Fire Chronicle by John Stephens (second book in the series)
*2.  Wonder by RJ Palacio (TBR)
*3.  Matched  by Ally Condie
*4.  Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs (TBR)


April
*1.  The Ancient Ones by Kirk Mitchell
*2.  The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver
*3. The Breaking Light by Heather Hansen

May
*1.  11/22/63 by Stephen King (TBR)
2.  Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
3.  The Vines by Christopher Rice

June
0 books read :(

July
**1.  Yo by Ricky Martin
**2.  Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury

August
0 books read :(

September
1.  The Passage by Justin Cronin (TBR) (BC)
**2.  The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian by Sherman Alexie (TBR)

October
1.  Dualed by Elsie Chapman (BC)
**2.  Blackbirds by Chuck Wendig
3.  Breathe by Sarah Crossan (BC)
**4.  Little Town Lies by Anne Strieber

November
1.  Portrait Revolution by Julia L. Kay
2.  Interference by Amélie Antoine
3.  Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes
4.  The Night Bird by Brian Freeman
5.  Skinny Liver by Kristin Kirkpatrick

December
1.  Art and Soul Reloaded by Pam Grout
2.  Extracted by RR Haywood
3.  The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher
4.  Ocean of Storms by Christopher Man and Jeremy K Brown
5.  Rewire by Richard O'Connor



What are you reading this week?  Have you made reading goals for 2018?

No comments:

Post a Comment