"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Weekly Wrap-Up (August 21, 2016)

A new round of ROW80 has begun.
Progress on my goals is at the end of this post.
Blog Posts



Personal Stuff
I am getting ready for the beginning of the school year and going back to work.  I will be sad to say goodbye to summer, but it will be good to be back. 

What I read
I started The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.  It took me a few chapters to get used to the writing style but I am enjoying it.


Interesting Stuff I Found on the Internet
I have been researching flash fiction this week.  I think it might be an interesting way for me to improve my writing.  I found a free flash fiction class and plan to sign up.

ROW80 Goals
Round 3 of ROW80 has begun.  This round runs from July 4th to September 22nd.  I started a little late, so my number of weeks and days is a little different.  Here is my progress so far:


1.  Read 9 books (3/9)
I am currently reading The Book Thief.  Other books I have read this round are:
Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness
Armada by Ernest Cline
Wild by Cheryl Strayed

2.  Continue with my blogging schedule (5/10 weeks)
I am planning a few small changes to my blogging schedule, but so far I have been doing great with this goal.  You can check out my weekly posts through the links at the beginning of this post.

3.  Edit 5 chapters of ZF (0/5)
I would really like to complete this goal this round but I have not begun yet.

4.  Write daily (19/66 days)
Monday: Morning Pages; NaBloPoMo prompt
Tuesday:  Morning Pages; NaBloPoMo prompt
Wednesday: Morning Pages; NaBloPoMo prompt
Thursday: Morning Pages; NaBloPoMo prompt
Friday:  :(
Saturday: :(
Sunday:  Blogging

5.  Continue my Creative Every Day challenge
It has been really hot this week, a heatwave, and I have not been super creative.  I did make two ATCs and then forgot to take pictures :)

6.  Swim at least twice a week. (4/10 weeks)

I swam Monday and Wednesday.


How did your week go?
Do you have a blog post or interesting link you'd like to share with me?

2 comments:

  1. Today is my wedding anniversary. I've been quite busy for the last few days, finishing up a beta read novel, working on homeschool paperwork, and writing a new resume and cover letter for my Accomplice.

    I haven't been blogging so much this last couple of weeks; administrative things took precedence.

    But I do have this:

    http://shanjeniahslovelychaos.com/lovely-chaos-blog/2016/8/17/when-art-tells-stories-wordless-wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your blog post. I will check it out. Congratulations!

      Delete