"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison

Friday, April 25, 2014

What I'm Reading This Week #8

nancyfarmerwebsite.com
I am currently reading The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer.  I have just started, but I already love it.  It was recommended to me, and I always find it interesting to read what people recommend for me.
amazon.com
Before that I was reading Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingslover.  I had to stop reading temporarily because my digital library loan expired.  Now I have it on hold in the elibrary and the physical library, so I can finish it.  I love, love, love Barbara Kingsolver and am really enjoying the book!
emilyarsenault.com
Before that I read The Broken Teaglass by Emily Arsenault.  The most interesting part of the story was seeing how a dictionary is put together.  Unfortunately, in the acknowledgements, the author writes that she took some liberties with that part of the story which totally bums me out :(.  I found this book to be annoyingly repetitious.  The story is revealed through clues that are repeated over and over again throughout the book.  It felt like a ploy to make word count.

What are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment